How To Write on PDF Online?
Easy-to-use PDF software
I wrote my PhD dissertation in LaTeX, but my advisor told me it needs to be in a format other than PDF to send to my committee members. He says it is too difficult to make comments or corrections on PDF. What is the best format for a dissertation?
As others have said. Print out your dissertation. One day you will want to do that anyway, I hope. Some of us still like to read things on paper every once in a while. If your advisor complains about getting a hardcopy, complain to the university. Ask your advisor if the committee members really feel that way about PDF files or if this is only his only silly opinion (you should probably not use the word "silly", though)
PDF documents can be cumbersome to edit, especially when you need to change the text or sign a form. However, working with PDFs is made beyond-easy and highly productive with the right tool.
How to Write On PDF with minimal effort on your side:
- Add the document you want to edit — choose any convenient way to do so.
- Type, replace, or delete text anywhere in your PDF.
- Improve your text’s clarity by annotating it: add sticky notes, comments, or text blogs; black out or highlight the text.
- Add fillable fields (name, date, signature, formulas, etc.) to collect information or signatures from the receiving parties quickly.
- Assign each field to a specific recipient and set the filling order as you Write On PDF.
- Prevent third parties from claiming credit for your document by adding a watermark.
- Password-protect your PDF with sensitive information.
- Notarize documents online or submit your reports.
- Save the completed document in any format you need.
The solution offers a vast space for experiments. Give it a try now and see for yourself. Write On PDF with ease and take advantage of the whole suite of editing features.
Write on PDF: All You Need to Know
You can also get a free copy from the university, though.